Use Protection for your Carpets & Fabrics

The next time you are having your carpets or upholstery professionally cleaned, ask the technician for a quote on protection, because of all the things we do at Sun Dry Carpet Cleaning & Pest Control, this is one thing that we highly recommend and strongly believe that it’s worth doing, to improve the longevity of your investments in carpeting, rugs and upholstery fabrics.

Stained Carpet

What is Carpet & Fabric Protection?

Carpet and fabric protection is the addition of a spray that creates an invisible barrier over the fibres to protect them from spills and stains. It’s best used when the carpet or fabric is new although sometimes they already have built-in protection. Always ask the retailer if protection has been added and if so, how long it is meant to last.

For older carpets and fabrics that have seen a lot of wear and tear, you would be surprised what a professional clean and the addition of protection can do. You may just get quite a few more years out of those old carpets and upholstered chairs yet. But don’t be tempted to have a go at doing it yourself with off the shelf products as they are rarely as good and usually water based, which means that it is easily removed when you have to clean up spills, leaving your carpet or fabrics unprotected and you none the wiser until you have permanent marks. Sun Dry Carpet Cleaning & Pest Control will use an exclusive protection product named E-Gard which will remain on your carpet and fabric for 3 years.

E-gard Works in Several Ways

  • It coats individual carpet fibres, creating an invisible barrier against stains and soiling;
  • It contains a sanitiser called Healthguard that will eliminate germs, bacteria and mould and prevent their growth for up to 3 years;
  • It stops liquids from penetrating the carpet – it makes them “bead up” and sit on top or fall between the fibres which makes it so much easier to clean up. It prevents stains from dying the carpet;
  • It stops dirt from sticking to the carpet and makes it easier to clean. Normal vacuuming only lifts 60% of dirt and debris from the carpet and leaves 40% behind. E-Gard will ensure the remaining 40% is removed.

Keeping your carpet cleaner means that the wear and tear on your carpet is reduced by 25% and ensures that they will stay looking their best for a lot longer than usual. Carpets and upholstery are a significant investment and it’s worth maintaining them appropriately.

How Much Will It Cost Me?

When you have your carpets or upholstery professionally cleaned by Sun Dry Carpet Cleaning & Pest Control, the guys will want to firm up your quote by assessing the size of the rooms and items that are to be cleaned. They will also discuss optional extras with you – one of which is carpet and/or fabric protection.

They should quote you $4 per square metre for applying E-Gard to carpet but they will give you 2 quotes. One is for the whole room and the other should just be for the walkways and around the furniture. This second option is ideal if you are wanting the benefits without spending quite as much. Upholstery fabric protection is charged at the flat rate of $25 per seat.

Should I do it?

If you want your carpets, rugs and upholstery to be able to resist soiling and staining and to have dramatically reduced wear and tear then it is most definitely something you should do. If you eat and drink or have children or pets as most of us do then it can be a major benefit. It’s a cost you only have to absorb once every 3 years and will ensure maximum longevity for your valuable investments. Ask the guys at Sun Dry Carpet Cleaning & Pest Control for a quote next time you are having your annual carpet clean done.